I have been thinking about this a lot lately, so it must be a good time to officially put it all down on “paper”.
Every year, I make horsemanship goals for myself. It’s the way I measure how I progress and to make sure I am progressing. Also, it keeps me motivated.
2012 I was able to meet the few goals I made for myself. Knowing that I was going to have Evan in June I didn’t make many goals because it would be a tough year to make the horse a focal point. But, I was able to officially pass my Level 3 in the Parelli Program (albeit, 5 months pregnant!). My Liberty play has drastically improved during the past 4 months. And I was able to somehow get away for a fun weekend of trail riding on Washington Island! I love checking things off the list!
In 2013 I have a couple of ideas and also an interesting and convenient opportunity that may help us achieve more this year.
• Audition Level 4 Online
• Keep improving our Liberty and prepare for the Level 4 Audition
• Go on lots of long rides and just go somewhere
• Make lessons a priority, as much as I can afford to anyway
• Ride different horses and learn from them
• Become a better rider: become more aware of where my body is/should be and also where my horse’s body and feet are/should be
• Buy some snazzy riding pants and boots (after I drop another 10#… motivation, right?!)
The “interesting and convenient opportunity” is something that I will have to tell you more about later. I’m pretty excited!