Here are some things I’ve found annoying about pregnancy so far. *Warning* I’m being pretty open about all of this!! This is probably the stuff that no one ever talks about.
• I have to pee a lot more. So here I am trying to hold it as long as I can in the morning so I don’t have to get up any earlier than I have to. I finally give in and go to the bathroom only to discover about 1/2 the pee came out that I thought would come out. Why is this? Even then it still feels like I have to pee. I always have to pee. I had the bladder of steel. What the heck?
• Oh.. to poop normally again. The vitamins I’m taking contain a lot of iron.. so yah, constipation is my evil friend. “Well make sure you’re eating enough fiber and drinking enough water…” Um.. no.. doesn’t help.
• I have two questions in my mind at any given moment–When can I eat again? and When can I sleep again? Eating and sleeping are my two favorite things in the world right now. I have been really careful to not let my humongous appetite control me. But it’s hard. You want me to be a cranky beast? If not.. then feed me as soon as possible.
• I feel fat. I feel fat everywhere.. Where was the first place for me to feel fat? My waist, thighs, and butt. LOVELY. I am not showing yet, but I have a little gut going on.. so I just look like a girl that ate too many BigMacs. It’s this in between stage that bothers me. I know I still look really small for 4 months.. but it’s still annoying.
• People have already started touching my stomach. ??? My fat little gut does not in any way resemble a baby.
• This rush of hormones has caused me to break out. Not only on my face, but other places too.
• Oh excuse me! Yes I have gas.
• Don’t ask me to make any decisions. I am a little better than I was earlier on, but gosh. One day I went grocery shopping and literally wandered around the store for 1 hour trying to remember everything I needed, why I was there and if I was hungry or not. I left with half the stuff I needed (forgot the rest). It’s like there’s a fog in your brain. FOCUS Heidi.. just try to focus.
• Should you be lifting that? *eye roll* Just because I’m pregnant it doesn’t make me a wuss. I’m in shape. I still work out. I still ride my horse, ski and will be walking once the weather gets nicer. I lift weights for one hour twice a week. That includes (100 – 200 of each) squats, chest presses, back, triceps, biceps, lunges, shoulders and abs. So, yes, I can lift that. If I couldn’t I wouldn’t be lifting it. (Obviously, I wont be “lifting that” later on in the pregnancy).
• I’m sure if you asked Adam he would say I’ve been moody.
The truth is that I’ve actually been really blessed with an easy pregnancy so far. This stuff is funny to think about. I would take any of this over nausea and throwing up all the time.